Here's our main punch list:
Pea Island Bridge
- Place concrete for 4 footings;
- Install a backwall to accommodate the transition between road and bridge on the south end of the bridge;
- Assemble approximately 151 feet of bridge truss and launch the bridge truss to the south end;
- Remove the temporary roller bearings and lower bridge onto permanent bearings;
- Put grout/cement in 86 anchor bolts for the permanent bearings;
- Adjust bridge truss for a smooth ride onto and off the bridge; Install 12 devices, which are 900 pounds each, to prevent uplift of the bridge in a storm event;
- Bolt together and install 610 steel deck panels to the truss floor beams to create the riding surface; Complete backfilling the retaining walls at the ends of the bridge;
- Grade and pave the roadway approaches to the bridge.
- Install guardrail to the approaches and both sides of the bridge;
- and Pave 2-3 inches of asphalt on the deck panels.
Roadway at the Pea Island Bridge and Rodanthe
- Continue fine grading to shape the road bed for asphalt paving;
- Pave approximately 9,000 tons of asphalt;
- Install approximately 82 sand bags at the south end of the s-curves;
- Reshape the dune were sand bags were installed;
- Reconstruct the shoulder and reshape the dunes;
- and Install permanent traffic control devices, reflectors and place pavement markings.